Saturday 20 April 2013

Why my skin didn't clear up on my 30 day juicing challenge.

A month ago I wrote this post about undergoing a 30 day juicing challenge to clear up my skin. So I'm now at the end of that challenge and guess what? My skin hasn't cleared up. What the?! You can only imagine my frustration right?

Now the reason for this is staring me smack bang in the face today, but just a week ago I was confused, annoyed and despondent, having a major pity party for myself. But then something happened. The Universe grabbed me by my feet, tipped me upside down and shook me really hard until I woke up to myself. And I did. I had a meltdown, took a step back from my life and viewed it as a kind objective friend might view it. What I observed was that I am stressed. I am burnt out. I have too many deadlines and not enough time. I am saying yes to everyone except to myself and it has got to stop

You see the thing with health is that you can drink as many green smoothies as you want, and you can eat Quinoa, Millet, Kale and Chia till the cows come home, but if your life is out of whack in another area - say your relationship, career, hobbies or finances - your health is going to suffer. Basically I've been walking around with a big sign on my face (in the form of pimples!) saying "You need to look after yourself" but I just couldn't read what my body was trying to tell me.



So now my challenge is to re-evaluate, realign and make some major changes to my life. That can be scary, but also exciting and ultimately I trust the Universe to guide me in the right direction.

Is your body trying to tell you something? Are all of the areas of your life in balance at the moment? Be kind to yourself and take just 10 minutes this weekend to breathe. Think about how you can bring balance and health back into line for you today!

Go gently this beautiful weekend!

Nicole x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole,

    Thanks for this post, I really enjoyed it. I can relate regarding the skin issues and the need to focus on calm and balance. I think your right. I took some time out to breathe this weekend which was lovely - and then promptly fell asleep on the trampoline lol.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katrina I'm so glad that you were able to take a step back and allow your body to do what it needed to do! Keep trying to slow down and I'm sure that your spirit will unveil some more secrets for you!

      Delete